Friday 30 August 2013

Pinstripe flower nail art!

I know it's been a horribly long wait for another post and I apologise! I've been working a lot of hours and have had very little time to really do anything with my nails - nightmare, I know! I've got a few posts lined up including another nail art look and my skincare routine which all should be up within the next week or so :)

On to todays look!

Now this was completely inspired by Sammy from The Nailasaurus from a few weeks ago! I fell in love with the look straight away and knew I had to try it. It didn't turn out anywhere near as good as hers but I was still pleased with the results anyway!

For my base coat I started off with the ever trusted OPI Natural Nail Base Coat and followed it up with two coats of Sinful Color's Snow Me White. After letting that dry a little, I took Essie's Licorice and a striping brush and carefully striped each nail with black. After that dried, I dabbed on random dots of Sinful Color's Why Not? and swirled around Snow Me White to create the "flower". After they turned out okay I drew on the leaves with MaxFactor's Cactus Green and topped it all off with a coat of Essie's Matte About You!

I do like the way this came out and it lasted literally around a week and a half - and with the work I've been doing that's impressive going!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment