Thursday 18 July 2013

L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Blackbuster - review

I saw an advert for this new liquid eyeliner in a magazine and was tempted by it straight away. It's a chunky felt-tip style nib which is something I've not used before as I prefer to stick to a thinner nib. I was running dry on my usual so decided to pop to Boots and pick this up for £6.99.

Now, when I got home I decided to look up some reviews for it and instantly wished I hadn't. The reviews weren't great - people were saying that the formula wasn't very bold. Not one to usually listen to reviews though, I carried on and tried it out this morning. I probably should have listened to the reviews!

Now, before I have a moan, lets start with the PROs: 


  • The formula was good - it flowed on really well and was quick to apply!
  • The chunky nib meant that I could get a decent sized line without having to go over and over again. 
  • The actual packaging was easy to hold and allowed for a firm grip when applying it!
  • The end result was good - it wasn't too "heavy" looking nor too subtle which is great!
  • Despite the nib being so chunky, it comes to a very "sharp" point which is good for precision.
  • Once I'd gone over it twice, it gave a nice colour.

On to the CONs: 

  • The formula really isn't very bold, it came out quite transparent for something being advertised as being a "super liner". I actually had to go over the line again once it had dried to get a decent coverage.
  • The fact that it was so chunky meant that making a fine cat-eye flick was kind of difficult. I had to remove some excess once I had finished

Here's the before and after shots:

Before

After



A close up!




Overall view: I like this eyeliner, but I'm not sure I would spend £6.99 on it again as I have to go over it twice to get a good colour. The formula is nice to apply though so if having a super dark black isn't a problem for you then this may be a good option. 

Would I recommend it to a friend? Probably not - you can get a lot better for cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment