Friday 12 July 2013

Branching out - June/July favourites - part 1

I've got a very different sort of post to my usual today! I've decided to branch out from sticking to nail looks (though those will remain the main feature) and I'm thinking about making this a monthly feature. It will include my favourite things from the month be it nail polish, books, beauty items, films, perfume etc! I may also from time to time post reviews of products that fall outside nail polish reviews such as make up items. Let me know if you would like this to be a regular feature or not!

I've decided to split this first post in two due to the sheer amount of things I've included! Without further ado, here are the first half of my favourites for the last month or so!

1. The first item on the favourites list is Cutex's Nourishing Nail Polish Remover! Sticking to the nail side of things to start with, this polish remover is one of my all time greats. It leaves your nails looking nice and moisturised unlike some which can cause horrible peeling if they include a strong concentration of acetone. Furthermore, the smell that this leaves on your fingers is very different to the normal acidic smell you tend to get from removers and has a slightly chocolatey smell to it!





















2. The second item is ORLY's Rich Renewal hand creme in Peace. This hand cream smells absolutely divine and the scent lingers for a long time which I really like! It came in a kit I got when I did a manicure course earlier in July and I've used it when I've done manicures on my mum and she also agrees that it smells amazing! The only down side is that it is quite oily and doesn't soak into the skin for a while but the smell alone is good enough for me to look past that! The smell is spiced vanilla and white tea - I seriously wish that smellivision was a thing so you could have a whiff of this!


3. The next favourite is an item that I've been using daily for several months now! I'm on my third pack of Witch's cleansing and toning facial wipes and have loved using them! They leave yur face feeling fresh and remove any traces of make up - including mascara - easily and quickly. They also aren't too heavily scented which means you're not constantly smelling a strong cleanser smell.



4. Number four on the list is a body lotion - E45's endless moisture body lotion to be exact! This lotion works great on my skin as I've got very dry skin on my legs. This makes them feel moisturised and soft for a few days and is a product I used quite often. It's very runny which also makes it very easy to spread and it is "lightly fragranced" so it's not an offensive product to use. 




5. Coming in at number five (not that these are in any order really) is another nail related product - Streaker Beauty's 100/180 grit nail file. I bought these a few weeks ago to replace some old nail files and wow, I'm glad I got them! I only need the 100 grit side on my nails as they're natural and it's super quick. It means that if I've got a break (god forbid) or I just want to keep them nice and even it takes me a few swipes and it's sorted. These are super cheap too which is also a plus!



6. Makeup now - and my favourite product has been NYC's Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Applelicious Pink! I know this is supposed to be "glossy" but on me for some reason there is next to no gloss.. you would think that this would put me off it rather than make me love it but alas, no! I love this lip balm as it gives a perfect amount of colour which isn't too bold and isn't too bland. The cute as heck apple shape through the middle is adorable too!





7. Number seven is completely different to everything so far - it's a book! The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda is a book that I purchased a while ago but never got around to reading until about a week ago and as soon as I started, I whizzed through it in a few hours! The story is really gripping and I liked the plot - twists that I really didn't expect caught me out but I really loved it! 




8. The penultimate item is yet another random one! I've been trying to drink a lot more fluids as I really wasn't drinking enough before but I've always disliked the taste of plain water (and yes - it so does have a taste!) and so picked up a bunch of flavoured water from ASDA. The Cherry and Plum still water has been my favourite of these so far!





9. The last thing on part one of my June/July favourites is not an item that I own, per se, but it's film that I saw last week - Man of Steel! Wow it was fantastic! I really really really enjoyed this film and cannot praise it highly enough. The casting was spot on (totally wasn't fangirling over how attractive Henry Cavill is) and I generally couldn't fault it! I recommend you check it out!




 That's it for part one - part two will be up sometime soon!                         












No comments:

Post a Comment