Thursday 6 June 2013

31 day challenge - Day 13 - Animal Print

Back to my usual enthusiasm levels today towards painting my nails - hoorah! Today's challenge of animal print initially stumped me but then I though about giving the leopard print look a go and love the results! I've included a short tutorial of how to get this look too if anyone wants to have a go themselves.

Here's the overall look - pretty "sassy" as a good friend of mine would say!


Now here's how to get this look: 

1. Start off with two coats of a white polish 



2. Using any colour you want (I chose a nice rich pink colour) grab a dotting tool - or if you don't own one a toothpick/cocktail stick will do fine! - and just dot on a few random blobs of colour on each nail to your liking so it looks a little like this:






3. Grab a black polish and, after cleaning thoroughly, use the same dotting tool (or toothpick) and "stipple" the black around the outsides of the pink. After this do a  few dots or little curved "v" shapes in the gaps so it looks like this:






4. Add a top coat and voila! Easy leopard print nails!






2 comments:

  1. Very striking - really clever and effective

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you liked them :) They're probably my favourite look so far!

    ReplyDelete